It is currently December 14th, 2017, 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: watch a 120-foot cast on a 5 weight
PostPosted: August 21st, 2007, 7:33 am 

Last week Rich posted a link to the Best of the West Championships <http://flyfisherman.com/rmwest/bestinthewest/> showing Steve Rajeff deftly tossing a 5-weight floating line 120+ foot cast to win, now get this, second place, in the Annual Best of the West Fly Casting Championships.

First place was taken with another 120+ foot cast by Jim Gunderson, also throwing a 5-weight.

Take a look at their individual styles at the link above, I think you'll find them interesting.

Steve is the second Rajeff brother to win a world championship. Tim, a former rod designer for G. Loomis, now produces and markets Echo Fly Rods, with the unique concept of provide a very affordable rod with a distance tip and an accuracy tip http://www.echoflyfishing.com/

Tim is an FFF casting Board of Governor and a really exceptional instructor. He also happens to have a sense of humor, something that is occasionally lacking in top casting instructors. I talked to him loast year about coming down here to do a clinic. He was very interested. I'd love to bring him down for a day or the banquet. Anyone else interested?

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: watch a 120-foot cast on a 5 weight
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2007, 4:04 pm 

Thanks for reposting that David..

Here a direct hyperlink to that site.....

http://flyfisherman.com/rmwest/bestinthewest/

Profile Email  

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2008, 8:08 pm 

I would be very interested in Tim Rejeff making his presents to us in a clinic format. I have recently just begun exporing all the forum topics. Perhaps other members are not aware of the opportunity. I would love to see Dave and Tim go one on one for the Jacksonville Distance Championship!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: October 24th, 2008, 5:49 am 
Ex-President

First Lambert, then Richards, now Rajeff? Sounds like the trifecta to me! I am all in for a Rajeff clinic. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help facilitate making it happen. Thanks -Seth

Profile Email  

Post subject: Tim Rajeff
PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 6:43 am 

Attachment:
tim-rajeff-1.jpg
Tim's a funny guy. Here he breaks his Echo fly rods, testing their break strength. This is pretty cool footage, BTW. I'll see if I can get him down here, if the club oks it. He's the guy Bruce and Mac Brown said we should get, also.
He's expressed an interest over the last two years or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vph0dhtmgYo&feature=related
10 weight breaking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc9pgoTHGwI&feature=related
3 weight

You might have seen him. He's that magnetic guy hanging around the casting pond at the sport shows, the Energizer Bunny guy...the one throwing those incredibly long narrow loops of fly line. Or maybe you've seen him OLN channel where he hosts LL Bean Guide to the Outdoors.
Tim Rajeff with a pike.

Tim Rajeff was Born in San Francisco in 1959, Tim grew up in a middle class working neighborhood about a mile and a half from the Golden Gate Angling and Casting Club. Tim’s father is of Russian decent born in Northern China and his mother Ilga was raised in Dresden Germany. Tim has a sister Laurie and a brother Steve. Tim now resides in Vancouver Washington with his partner Katherine Hart. Tim started fishing at the age of five. His early fishing education took him from

trout fishing in Yosemite Valley to bass and carp fishing in the Russian River in California. Later Tim’s family took their annual vacations to the Rogue River near Medford Oregon and it is there that Tim started fly fishing. Tim was nine years old when his brother Steve got into tournament spin and fly casting. Tim soon followed and began to compete at the local and state level. In 1973 Tim worked with Frank and Gladys Gray at the Fenwick Fly Fishing School outside West Yellowstone
Tim managed a salmon camp for Atlantic Salmon in Russia.
Tim loves casting.

Montana. During college he spent a summer on the Big Hole River in Montana working for the Complete Fly Fisher. Tim also spent two summers guiding in King Salmon Lodge Alaska. Tim’s most recent lodge effort was setting up operations on the Ponoi River on Russia’s Kola Peninsula. Tim and Katherine spent five summers there prior to settling in the Portland area in 1995. Tim now leads groups of fly fishers to many unique destinations including Mongolia. When not fishing, Tim balanced his time between skiing, tennis, and tournament casting. The rivalry with his brother peaked in 1984 when Tim won the National combined Fly Casting Distance and Accuracy trophy and narrowly missed the grand all-round

title as well. In doing so Tim broke the national distance record for the ten weight line class at 186 feet and the 15 foot rod class record at 265 feet. Tim’s international recognition came in 1984 in Lintz Austria where Tim captured the World’s Single Hand Fly Distance gold medal with a cast of 205 feet. Tim retired from competitive casting in 1985 and now is the owner of Rajeff Sports, the North American distributor of Aiflo fly lines and owns his own rod company, ECHO rods and reels. Tim’s future calls for hosting more fly fishing and casting schools combined with an advanced casting book and video with his brother Steve. Catch Tim on the OLN channel where he hosts LL Bean Guide to the Outdoors.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 6:49 am 

FISHMASTER wrote:
I would be very interested in Tim Rejeff making his presents to us in a clinic format. I have recently just begun exporing all the forum topics. Perhaps other members are not aware of the opportunity. I would love to see Dave and Tim go one on one for the Jacksonville Distance Championship!

Uhh, thanks, but truth is, I'd have to practice just to stand in his shadow. DL

Profile Email  

PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 10:02 am 
Education FCFF

Great video. The best thing I learned that he has a patent on the "scroticulous protection device" Mr. Green

Bart

Profile Email  

PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 7:34 pm 
Ex-President

He has the patent b/c he knows that "it's all ball bearings these days boy!"

Profile Email  

PostPosted: October 28th, 2008, 9:33 pm 
Education FCFF

Nehrke wrote:
He has the patent b/c he knows that "it's all ball bearings these days boy!"

I had an earlier reference to FLETCH today....haha....better make that "quaker state".

Profile Email