It is currently February 20th, 2017, 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: fishing
PostPosted: April 12th, 2016, 7:34 am 

OK, Ill put this out there. I stop in once in a while and check in and this forum is pretty slow. I guess y'all are out fishing. I don't get out too much but I do have a 22' bay boat and would be happy to hook up with some locals who have local knowledge of ditch, NOT creeks because i cant get in most of them, inlet and near shore fly and light tackle action. I will bait fish but dont love it and will troll but don't love it and don't have all that gear either. I fish ST augustine inlet, don't have a ton of time up in ST johns neat Mayport but will go with local knowledge. I live closer to St Augs so put in at Villano. I try and go during week to avoid crowds when work permits. I'm not a boating newbie, been on them my whole life, have had this glades for 2 yrs now. its not crazy fast but sips gas and is pretty stable. I have fly rod tube and verticle fly rod holder and understand how to manuever in and around bait pods etc. Fished albies in NC for 8 years. Just looking for someone with some local knowledge. I find all kinds of guys who want to go fishing but none have the expertise i am looking for to learn from.

Probably going Thursday 4/14 weather and work permitting to look for cobia then hit 9 mile. I will throw a net for poggies, not a total purist.

PS- I don't drink beer on boat or smoke so if thats a deal breaker so be it. Not looking for gas money either since i hardly use any(love a 4 stroke) and if i buy bait we can split it.

Let me know.
Mark

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: fishing
PostPosted: April 12th, 2016, 12:20 pm 
President FCFF

Hi Mark! I am swamped at work or else I would take you up on it this week. Try posting on the fishing reports page - seems that is where most of the traffic is. Good luck, and post a report!

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: fishing
PostPosted: April 13th, 2016, 3:59 pm 

Thanks, will do.

Profile Email