It is currently November 25th, 2017, 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cedar Point Outing September 2008
PostPosted: September 20th, 2008, 6:45 pm 
Ex-President

Wind and high water made fishing tough but most of the people I spoke with caught fish except me. It's not that I didn't try, had several good opportunities but just couldn't close the deal. The conditions were challenging and I got a good work out paddling around in that wind; all in all it was a fun day with some new water explored.
Got back to the ramp and everyone was gone, what happened to the stick around for a couple of beers and some chips. I fill the cooler and brought chips and salsa, which I enjoyed thoroughly, but it would have been better with some fishing buddies to share a cold one with. Here's some pictures..........
Attachment:
hooked.jpg

Attachment:
fish.jpg

Attachment:
landing.jpg

Attachment:
Landed.jpg

Attachment:
After Fishing.jpg

Attachment:
Chip.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by FCFF_Admin on September 21st, 2008, 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Cedar Point outing 9-20-08
PostPosted: September 20th, 2008, 7:28 pm 

Sorry I missed that beer Rob! I was looking forward to it after getting beat up by the wind. . Stuck around for 1-1/2 hour and figured you guys must of be catch'in a bunch of fish untill sundown. Oh well.... next time I guess. Nice spotty fish Bart!

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Cedar Point outing 9-20-08
PostPosted: September 20th, 2008, 7:46 pm 
Education FCFF

It was exceptionally tough out there today. I can only think of 1 or 2 times where I've been out there with more wind. Glad we didn't run into any snakes.

Great pics Rob......thanks a ton.

Bart

Profile Email  

Post subject: Re: Cedar Point Outing Report 9-20-08
PostPosted: September 21st, 2008, 7:20 am 
Ex-President

Sounds like fun, unfortunately family obligations kept me away. We did manage to fish Fri with pretty much the same conditions....TOUGH! The water came in fast and big, and the wind blew hard. My brother caught one nice red in the grass, and then he got one small jack in the creeks. We saw a few fish, but it was definately challenging. Rob, were you out Fri? I was the guy on the skiff in the ninja mask waving at you on the ICW. Hope you guys had better luck than we did!

Profile Email  

PostPosted: September 21st, 2008, 9:45 am 
Ex-President

That was me and John in his River Hawk.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: September 21st, 2008, 10:02 am 

Kudley and I saw one group of fish kinda early in the flood and managed to catch one of them. After that, the water was too deep to see any fish. We made the long trek back to the ramp, tired and thirsty, but waited in vain for the bartender. Knowing the dogged determination of the custodian of the cooler, and hearing that he had not caught a fish yet, we figured we would have to wait until dark for that beer. Wink

That second photo above looks like the only documented photo of a redfish "surfing".

Attachment:
IMG_0489.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_0502.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: September 21st, 2008, 5:15 pm 

Troutmaster, John and I fished to 4:30. Didn't see any familar cars at the ramp as we drove by but would have enjoyed the beer break. Using our VHF radios next time maybe more helpful to coordinate activities on the water. Had a shot at one fish. We knew it was going to be a tough day and even though I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Profile Email  

PostPosted: September 21st, 2008, 7:57 pm 
Ex-President

Woody you were right to assume I would be chasing tails till dark which is why I called you to let you know the keys were under the front passenger side tire and to start without me. You didn't answer your phone so I thought you were still fishing.

Profile Email  

Post subject: Rich Santos
PostPosted: January 7th, 2009, 1:24 pm 
Administrator

Todays outing turned out to probably be the tuffest wind days and highest waters I've ever seen fishing in the flood grass for me. I also guess you can say that Mike Head got the catch of the day.. Here’s the story……Mike Head and I were fishing closely to one another on the incoming tide. Later on as Mike was landed his boat at the ramp after fishing and came over to me and said did you catch a fish over against that island that you were right against wade fishing? I replied yes! So he said well!..... your lucky you didn't stay any longer because there was a big ole Diamondback watching your back!.. I said WHAT! Mike then told me he went over to that same exact spot after me and had this 5' diamondback greet him with some aggression. It was swimming around his boat and doing a war dance so he let him have it in self defense! Let this be a lesson learned to not only watch backcast loop but watch the back ground too! Scary! Be careful everybody!

Profile Email