About First Coast Fly Fishers
The organization began as a small group of fly fishers, gathering together on the banks of Jacksonville, sharing tips, tales, and other fishing lore. This sparked into creating a club for fly fishers to get together, develop friendships, and learn about the art of fly fishing.
Welcome to First Coast Fly Fishers (FCFF)! We are a family-oriented, not-for-profit fly fishing club and our mission is to encourage and assist those who desire to learn more about the art of fly fishing through education and resources. We’re always striving to educate and promote fly-fishing consistent with the preservation of game fish and waterway conservation. All members are provided education in casting, fly-tying, and fishing techniques, and through “how-to” seminars and outings that cover all aspects of the sport.
Our continually-growing club with over 50 members consists of all age groups who share a love for fly-fishing and being in the outdoors while cultivating relationships. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, young or old, kayaking or boating, freshwater or saltwater – anybody is welcome! Our monthly meetings will give you a chance to see why we are rated among the top fly fishing clubs on the East Coast. Check out our events calendar to view what events we will have for the year.
Advantages of Membership
- Club Outings: An outing is scheduled each month of the year. Time, place, and targeted fish are usually determined by season or “what’s hot” during that particular period. Outings are free to members and family and often lunch is provided. The main objective or outings is for members to learn how and where to get hooked up with fish on a fly rod.
- Special Events: During the year, special fly-fishing, casting, and fly-tying events are held. These are free for members unless an event is added on as a special fundraiser.
- Club Meetings: Monthly meetings are held on the first Monday of each month unless it falls on a holiday. In that case, the meeting is held the following Monday. A guest speaker who has notoriety or expertise in his/her aspect of the sport is featured. Sometimes we have local guides to provide extremely entertaining and informational talks including “secret” techniques or spots.
- Exotic Out of Area Trips: Our club has members representing many diversified interests. Each year, some members get together and purchase group rates for travel to fishing destinations around the world. In the past, members have enjoyed Alaska salmon fishing, Tennessee trout, Virginia stripers, and Bonefishing around the Caribbean.
- Yearly Banquet: Each January or February, the club throws a members (and family) only bash. Great food, libations, and terrific prizes are featured. A guest speaker highlights the affair.
If you are interested in joining our club, click below to learn more about our membership!
Where do we meet?
Our meetings are held at the Holiday Inn Express next to Top Golf at Town Center, starting at 7:00 PM EST. Everybody of all ages is welcome to come, and you can attend one of our monthly meetings to experience what it’s like to be a Fly Fisher!