About First Coast Fly Fishers
The organization began as a small group of fly fishers, gathering together on the banks of Jacksonville, sharing tips, tales, and other fishing lore. This sparked into creating a club for fly fishers to get together, develop friendships, and learn about the art of fly fishing.
Welcome to First Coast Fly Fishers (FCFF). We are a family-oriented, not-for-profit fly fishing club that was founded in the late 1980s. We are a teaching club. Each month we bring to our meeting a noted fly fishing guide, charter captain, or natural resource specialist to help our members learn and grow. All members are provided education in casting, fly-tying, and fishing techniques, and through “how-to” seminars and outings that cover all aspects of the sport.
Our monthly meetings will give you a chance to see why we are rated among the top fly fishing clubs on the East Coast.
Check out our events calendar to view what events we will have for the year.
Advantages of Membership
- Club Outings: An outing is scheduled each month of the year. Time, place, and targeted fish are usually determined by season or “what’s hot” during that particular period. Outings are free to members and family and often lunch is provided. The main objective or outings is for members to learn how and where to get hooked up with fish on a fly rod.
- Special Events: During the year, special fly-fishing, casting, and fly-tying events are held. These are free for members unless an event is added on as a special fundraiser.
- Club Meetings: Monthly meetings highlight a guest speaker who has expertise in the sport. We also have occasional monthly raffles.
- Out-of-Area Trips: Our club has members representing many diversified interests. Each year, members get together and purchase group rates for travel to fishing destinations around the world. In the past, members have enjoyed Alaska salmon fishing, Tennessee trout, Virginia stripers, and Bonefishing around the Caribbean.
- Yearly Rendezvous: Each January or February, the club throws a members (and family) only bash. Great food, libations, and terrific prizes are featured. A notable guest speaker highlights the affair.
Click below to learn more about membership!
Come Join Us
We welcome everyone to our monthly meetings
Contact us with questions. Join our Facebook Group to get the latest news and updates, and to engage with our members