- This event has passed.
Learn to Fish NE FL’s Backcountry All Year Long
October 8, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
Date and Time : Saturday, Oct. 8, 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Place: Resurrection Episcopal Church (12355 Fort Caroline Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32225 – at the extreme north end of Monument Rd.)
First Coast Fly Fishers is proud to host Capt. James Dumas of St A’s Drum Man Charters on Saturday morning, Oct. 8, for a free-to-members, in-depth, intensive clinic — Fly Fishing All Seasons In the First Coast Backcountry. Capt. Dumas is highly regarded for his extensive knowledge of fish and locations in our area. When he’s not guiding, he’s finding fish, discovering what they eat, when they feed and on what tides, temperatures, atmospheric conditions, locations and more.
This the first in a series hands-on fly-fishing clinics FCFF will sponsor for our members.
Don’t miss this members-only opportunity to fast-track your learning curve and get you out on our waters catching fish with a fly: Topics include:
- Fish species/types for Fall and Winter, Spring and Summer
- Fish diet – what the fish eat at specific times of the year and how to match their diet with flies
- Fishing with fly vs fishing with spinning gear
- Paddle-craft – fishing, locations, speed, and more
- Tides – when and where to be
- Fall flood tide fishing
- Winter backcountry fishing
- Spring – what fish, what tides, where to find fish
- Summer low tide fishing
- And much more.
Bring your questions. This is not a fly casting clinic, so you will not need fly rods for this clinic. But, bring them if you have questions about rigging, leaders, etc.
Remember, this is members only. The club will provide lunch and drinks. Register with David Lambert ([email protected]) by Wednesday, Oct. 5, so we can get a head count for lunches.